Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Words from a White Boy

by ~samcoe

Words from a white boi

Your project is Santa Rosa
My letter said in May
That sounds a bit Spanish
Where is it anyway?

Region 1, Guyana will host you for your stay
You will be leaving in August though
that’s 3 months to the day

So now I am here
Gone a hundred days or more
You know, I’ve really like it here 
Since I first walk thought the door

Sam come teach English
HM said first day
You got to be joking I said
It was a total fluke that A!

What would you like to teach then
He said to me in reply
Science or maths please
And he gave a little sigh

Well Science is all sored
So I don’t need help with that
How about a maths class
I nodded and that was that

So entrusted I was to maths
And entrusted I will be
To make sure that these children
Are better at maths than me.

Mourca is my new home
for the next year at least I am sure
with 4 months done
its just begun
I've still got 8 months more

The weather here is quite a change
from bliteys dull and rain
But all the same
Its quite a pain
To have brought a sweater
In vain

The food out here is full of spice
But surprisingly its rather nice
The food back home is dull and plane
And to be honest it all tastes the same

so When I got here I had a shock 
When I tried a spicy pepper pot
The cassava bread was nice to try
But oh my god I nearly died

What I did I’ll share with you
I swallowed too quickly and forgot to chew!
So after that
I wont forget
Make sure your cassava breads nice and wet!

Soca songs all sound the same
Tick tac and one nation get stuck in my brain
But there are more songs out there to get
I just don’t know the names yet!
I’ll be sure to find out before I go
And be king of the dance hall before you know!

Mi creoles is still pretty poor
Must get dem teacher to tell mi more

Just now mi hungry bad
Right now mi belly full
That was just a start you know
Soon I’ll be a fluent as you!

I think that, thats me finished
my poetic juices dry
I'll just have to wait till next time
to have another try

So in closing
I'll just say
thanks for listening
good morning, good night, good day.
http://samcoe.deviantart.com/art/Words-from-a-White-Boy-26250889?q=&qo=

No comments:

Post a Comment